Configure the Reward Points
1. On the Admin sidebar, tap Stores. Then under Settings, choose Configuration.
2. In the panel on the left, under Customers, choose Reward Points.
3. Expand the Reward Points section. Then, do the following:
- To activate reward points, set Enable Reward Points Functionality to “Yes.”
- To allow customers to earn their own reward points, set Enable Reward Points Functionality on Storefront to “Yes.”
- To allow customers to see a detailed history of their rewards, set Customers May See Reward Point History to “Yes.”
4. In the Reward Points Balance Redemption Threshold field, enter the number of points that must accrue before they can be redeemed. Leave blank for no minimum. Then, do the following:
- Enter the maximum number of points a customer can accrue in the Cap Reward Points Balance At field. Leave blank for no limit.
- Enter the number of days before the reward points expire in the Reward Points Expire in (days) field. Leave blank for no expiration.
- Set Reward Points Expiry Calculation to one of the following:
Static: Determines the remaining lifetime of reward points based on the number of days set in the configuration. If the expiration limit in the configuration changes, the expiration date of existing points does not change.
Dynamic: Calculates the number of days left whenever the reward point balance increases. If the expiration limit in the configuration changes, the expiration of all existing points update accordingly.
- If you want to refund available reward points automatically, set Refund Reward Points Automatically to “Yes.”
- If you want to automatically deduct reward points from the amount of a refund, set Deduct Reward Points from Refund Amount Automatically to “Yes.”
5. Set Landing Page to the content page that explains your reward points program. Make sure to update the default Rewards Points page with your own information.
6. When complete, tap Save Config.
Configure Points Earned
In this step, the number of reward points that can be earned for various customer activities is specified. When customers complete an action that has points assigned, a message appears to the customer that indicates how many points they have earned.
1. Expand the Actions for Acquiring Reward Points by Customer section. Then, do the following:
Actions for Acquiring Reward Points by Customer
- To display a message in the shopping cart that includes the rewards points earned for the purchase and the customer’s current reward point balance, set Purchase to “Yes.”
- In the Registration field, enter the number of points earned for opening a customer account.
- In the Newsletter Signup field, enter the number of points earned by registered customers who subscribe to a newsletter.
2. In the Converting Invitation to Customer field, enter the number of points earned by a customer who sends an invitation, if the recipient then opens a customer account. Then, do the following:
- Enter a number in the Invitation to Customer Conversions Quantity Limit field to limit the number of invitation conversions that can be used to earn points for the customer who sends the invitation. Leave blank for no limit.
- In the Invitation Conversion to Order Reward field, enter the number of points earned by a customer who sends an invitation, and the recipient places an initial order.
3. In the Review Submission field, enter the number of points earned by a customer who submits a review that is approved for publication. Then to limit the number of reviews that can be used to earn points per customer, enter the number in the Rewarded Reviews Submission Quantity Limit field. Leave blank for no limit.
Email Notification Settings
1. Expand the Email Notification Settings section. Then, do the following:
Email Notification Settings
- Set Email Sender to the store contact that appears as the sender of balance updates and expiration notifications.
- If you want to subscribe customers by default to be notified of balance updates and upcoming expiration dates, set Subscribe Customers by Default to “Yes.”
- Set Balance Update Email to the template used for the notification that is sent to customers whenever their point balance is updated.
- Set Reward Points Expiry Warning Email to the template used for the notification that is sent to customers when the expiration limit for a batch of points is reached.
- In the Expiry Warning Before (days) field, enter the number of days before points expire that notification is sent.
2. When complete, tap Save Config.