What is an RSS Feed?
RSS connotes Really Simple Syndication. They are used to update your site with blog posts and articles. One of the best processes to update your site is making use of RSS feeds. RSS feeds can be understood using software called RSS reader or feed reader or aggregator. RSS feed reader can be desktop-based, mobile device-based or web-based.
Why Do We Use RSS Feeds?
XML is the basis of RSS. Two of the most used RSS versions are RSS 1.0 and RSS 2.0. Data coded in XML format is quickly spread and implemented over the Internet.
The Functions of RSS in Search Engine Optimization
It is not a hush-hush to everyone that Google and other search engines love fresh content. Your website will be easily promoted and acquire a higher PageRank if your website is constantly updated. Extensible Markup Language or XML illustrates your web data in a markup language like HTML. Search engine spiders read your website content without difficulties with XML.
For extra comprehension, here are the benefits of RSS.
- The updated content of your site is easily read by the search engine crawlers and Internet users.
- Since the search engine spiders understand your site with no difficulty the site will get a good ranking.
- The actuality that RSS automatically feeds the site, updating the site content is very easy. You don't have to spend time and do extra work to publish new contents manually.
- When people subscribe to your constantly updated blog, it acquires more exposure.
- The procedure offers the subscriber an understandable view of all the contents making the selection of posts unfussy.
- RSS feeds are brought automatically with just one process of setup.
- RSS enhances the online visibility of your website. RSS is normally used to provide quality SEO to websites that need to get more and more backlinks.
Here are some of the helpful guidelines to improve RSS feeds since it gives your site a better online visibility.
The tips to be given will help optimize the RSS feeds.
- Make sure to build your feeds title tags meaningful because Google gives more importance to the title tag. The title to be inserted on the title tag must be about your site and integrated with essential search keywords. Your website can surely get great publicity on the web if you make your title significant with right keywords.
- The feeds are usually arranged in alphabetical order when it comes to feeds presentation. Hence, the feeds beginning in letter "A" will be part of the first feeds while those feeds beginning in letter "Z" will be part of the last feeds.
- Never forget to set the opening of the link in a new tab or new window instead of the same tab when inserting external links into your content. It will help to keep the visitors stay on your website.
- For excellent performance, submit your feeds to websites that are popular and do-follow and with high PageRank. There are many site directories that allow RSS feeds submissions.
- Use your business logo and images in your RSS feeds since it will help enhance your business nature and of course, identity.