- 1 What is Magento 2 Abandoned Cart Email Extension?
- 2 Abandoned Cart Email Extension General settings
- 2.1 Coupons are only available to specific customers
- 2.2 Activate the rule no more than once for each quotation
- 2.3 Only send email to registered customers
- 2.4 Automatically delete sent emails from History
- 2.5 Turn off email logs for EU customers (requires compliance with the GDPR) –
- 2.6 Sender
- 2.7 Email Sender
- 2.8 Send a copy of the incoming email
- 2.9 Reply to email
- 2.10 Reply name
- 2.11 Check Safety Mode
- 2.12 Check – Recipient Email
- 2.13 Allowed email domains
- 2.14 Enable Debug Mode
- 3 Abandoned Cart Email Extension rule settings
- 4 Abandoned Cart emails Troubleshooting checklist
- 5 How to use Magento Abandoned Cart emails extension
What is Magento 2 Abandoned Cart Email Extension?
The Abandoned Cart Email extension for Magento 2 allows shop owners to automatically email clients to reach them easily. The task of these emails is to remind customers about abandoned vehicles, help them return to the store to complete the purchase process, and increase conversion rates for the store.
Convert unfinished orders into sales by emailing reminders with coupons.
- Send multiple emails with different latency
- Use shopping cart conditions to control who receives your email
- Send an email with coupons
- Create a unique template for each email sent by the extension
Abandoned Cart Email Extension General settings
Abandoned Cart Email Extension configuration is at
Stores > Configuration > Extensions > Abandoned Cart Email
Coupons are only available to specific customers
When this option is enabled, only customers who receive new emails can apply the coupon to the shopping cart.
Activate the rule no more than once for each quotation
When this option is enabled, the customer will receive an abandoned email (or email if you make one) only once, even if the cart condition is more appropriate. 1 rule. The activation rule for email delivery is determined by the priority setting.
Only send email to registered customers
With this setting, your customers will not receive any abandoned shopping cart emails.
Automatically delete sent emails from History
Specify the number of days, then an email will be deleted from History.
Turn off email logs for EU customers (requires compliance with the GDPR) –
When enabled, EU e-mail will not be saved by the system to prevent emails from customers from the EU.
Specifies the From field. The name in the basket email is dropped.
specify the From field – Email in your email.
Send a copy of the incoming email
You can specify the address where a copy of each abandoned shopping cart will be sent.
Reply to email
Manually assign the recipient’s email, if needed.
Specify the recipient’s name.
Check Safety Mode
select ‘Yes’ to expand to test mode. In this case, all abandoned cart emails are only sent to the email address of the recipient.
Check – Recipient Email
Recipient Address for test mode and email check.
Allowed email domains
Specify email domains like “example.com” or “mage2tuts.tk”. In this case, all vehicles associated with an email from one of the listed domains will trigger Debug Mode.
Enable Debug Mode
This option is useful when you need to check the cancellation of a canceled shopping cart email. In this case, the car will be considered abandoned as soon as the product is added.
Blacklist – Enter – Here you can import a CSV file with blacklisted email addresses.
Abandoned Cart Email Extension rule settings
Rules extension can be created at
Marketing > Abandoned Cart Email > Rules
- Setting Name – specify the name of the rule.
- Setting Status – enable and disable the rule.
- Setting Priority– set the priority to specify the triggering rules’ order processing.
- Cancel Condition – here you can set the event which will cancel the further emails. For example, the rule is configured to send a set of three emails. If you choose the as
Link from the email clickeda сancel condition, the customer stops the emails sending after he\she clicks the link in the first email so that two other emails won’t be sent to a customer anymore.
Settings Abandoned Cart Email: Stores & Customer Groups
- Setting Stores – you can limit the stores to which the rule will be applied. If you select nothing, the rule will be applied to all stores.
- Setting Customer Groups – you can control to which customer groups the rule will be applied. If you select nothing, the rule will be applied to all groups.
Settings Abandoned Cart Email Conditions
The conditional tree: specifies the conditions to activate the rule only if the conditions are met. If you leave the tree blank, the rule works all the time.
Use Shopping Cart Rule
Choose this option and you will be able to select the already existing cart price rule to use for abandoned cart promotions.
See what the email template is used. If you want to add your own template please check here how it can be done.
Set a time-lag between the cart abandonment and the email sending.
here you can configure a discount for abandoned carts. In Type filed select the type of the discount, you would like to create (percent, fixed amount or a fixed amount for the whole cart). In the Discount Amount field, you need to specify the amount of the discount.
You can set Google Analytics parameters which will be added to the links in Abandoned Cart emails extension.
Abandoned Cart emails Troubleshooting checklist
Email is not sent automatically
Extensions work with Magento cron jobs for scheduling and email. If Magento is not configured or configured incorrectly, the extension will not send any emails.
To resolve this issue, please see this article to learn how to configure the Magento cron.
I can not use email templates in a rule
All templates available in Schedule can be filtered by type. In the list of templates, you can only see emails created based on the default Shopping Cart template.
To create a new template, please do the following:
Marketing - Communications - Email Template menu
Click Add New Template button
In Load default template – Template find Abandoned Cart Email Template, select it and hit Load Template
Give a new template a name and make changes you want.
Save it. Now you can use a newly created template in Abandoned Cart rules!
How to use Magento Abandoned Cart emails extension
How to send two different emails for abandoned carts under and over $200
To achieve this, we need to create two email templates and two Abandoned Cart rules.
After this, proceed to and
Marketing > Abandoned Cart Email > Rules click the button
Create New Rule.
First, let’s create an email sending rule for abandoned carts below $200 subtotal:
Set the condition to trigger the rule only for carts below $100
In the Schedule tab, we set to send two emails, the first email.
After two hours of cart abandonment, and the second one – a day after. We use a template ‘Carts below 100$’ that was created earlier and apply no discounts.
create a rule for carts above $100 in subtotal:
we ser the ‘above $100’ condition.
Then we configure two emails again, but this time we use another email template and to the second email we’ve attached a 5% discount coupon.