- 1 What is Magento 2 Advanced Permissions extension?
- 2 Why need Magento 2 Advanced Permissions extension?
- 3 How Advanced Permissions extension work?
- 4 How to Setting Magento 2 Advanced Permissions extension?
- 4.1 Advanced Permissions extension Creating Roles
- 4.2 Setting Role Information
- 4.3 Setting Advanced Permissions
- 4.4 Creating Categories Manager Users
What is Magento 2 Advanced Permissions extension?
Magento Advanced Permissions extension developed is a great tool that allows admins to assign custom role permissions to specific sub-admins for multiple stores. Besides that, the sub-admins can also view and modify specific products, categories, store views, and websites.
Why need Magento 2 Advanced Permissions extension?
With Advanced Permissions for Magento 2, the store owners can completely generate admin roles as well as assign permissions to them so that they can access the backend tabs easily. Especially, this module also enables viewing and editing of specific products, categories, store views, and websites. It’s time to install this extension for your Magento 2 store and experience.
If you own a large store with tons of products or multiple-vendor stores or multi-language stores and you want to assign permissions to manage to each sub-admin. Magento Advanced Permissions can completely do this. Thanks to this extension, the store owners can assign permissions to sub-admins for managing and editing products, categories, orders, customers, store views or anything. If you are an intelligent shop owner, this is a smart choice.
How Advanced Permissions extension work?
Magento 2 Advanced Permissions extension provide limited access to your store management for different admin users. Benefit from advanced role permissions to let specific managers work with particular products, categories, product attributes, websites, and store views.
- Easy to classify and manage the categories, products, store views and websites
- Allow admins to restrict access to the store view and website
- Ability to manage roles quickly
- Completely compatible with other modules
- Limit access by store view or website
- Control access to product and categories management
- Restrict access to product attributes
- Enable selective dashboard access
- Limit access to CMS pages
- How to configure Review Reminder extension in Magento 2
- How to Settings Magento 2 Abandoned Cart Email Extension
- How to settings Magento 2 Admin Actions Log
How to Setting Magento 2 Advanced Permissions extension?
Advanced Permissions extension Creating Roles
Please make sure you have created the required user before assigning a new role with advanced permissions.
To create a new sub-admin role with advanced permissions please navigate to
Admin panel → System → Permissions → User Roles. Then, hit the
Add New Role button.
Setting Role Information
- Step 1: Specify the Role Name.
- Step 2: Switch to the Role Resources tab.
- Step 3: Change the Resource Access option to Custom.
- Step 4: Specify the resources this role will have access to.
Role Users tab and flag the required users.
Setting Advanced Permissions
With the Advanced Permissions extension, you can set up advanced permissions to provide or limit access, for your store managers to the certain parts of the admin panel.
Setting Admin User Role with Advanced Permissions extension
Admin User Role tab you can allow this user to create the new users with the selected roles. Choose the appropriate option from the drop-down menu and select the required roles.
Save for all done
In Advanced Scope tab, you can limit access to certain store views or websites.
For the websites and store views option, you should specify the required ones.
For the website and store views options, you can limit user role access to the following parts of your store: Orders, Invoices, and Transactions, Shipments, Credit Memos.
Setting Advanced Products Permissions
In Products tab enables you to provide access to all, only selected, or own created products. In the second case, you will need to flag the required product. In third, you can make products accessible only for their owners that is convenient for the multi-vendor stores.
Setting Advanced Categories Permissions
In the Categories tab, you can provide this role with access to all product categories or limit to selected categories. Please flag the desired categories or subcategories to prohibit access to them.
Setting Advanced Products Attributes Permissions
In the Product Attributes tab, you can restrict access to certain product attributes. Set the Allow Access To option to Selected Attributes and specify the desired attributes for this user role.
Creating Categories Manager Users
System → Permissions → All Users and click the
Add New User button.
Specify account information and switch to the
User Role tab. From here you can tick the desired radio-button to provide this user with certain administrative privileges. When done, hit the
Save User button.