What's in this post?
In this article, we'll examine the required steps to help you generate more revenue and traffic.
We will examine the tactics and actions required and will analyze how these tactics work.
And we assure you that after the end of this blog, you will have a clear idea of the power of the right techniques to generate revenue and increase sales.
Let's go and explore!
Checking is necessary to ensure what works a rest to work to get more sales - then adjust the time tactics like competition or market change.
So if you are looking for more customers on your e-commerce portal than these 15 tips can help you stimulate online sales and review your website through improved online tactics. forward:
- 1 Here are the top 10 ways to quickly boost more sales on your eCommerce site.
- 1.1 1. Target your loyal customers
- 1.2 2. Show your site is trustworthy
- 1.3 3. Use video in your store
- 1.4 4. Optimal for mobile devices
- 1.5 6. Offer more discounts
- 1.6 7. Show your top selling items
- 1.7 8. Promotions for the holidays
- 1.8 9. FOMO - fear of missing out
- 1.9 10. Accept different Credit Cards
- 1.10 11. Focus on your value proposition
- 2 Bonus
- 2.1 1. CRM (Customer Relationship Management):
- 2.2 2. Cheque payment is a Must:
- 2.3 3. Help customers to know your Products:
- 2.4 4. Check out the structure of your online Store:
- 2.5 5. Update the latest products:
- 2.6 6. Try bundling various products together:
- 2.7 7. Provide special offers:
- 2.8 8. Propose a targeted order size:
- 2.9 9. Track Your Marketing Campaigns:
- 2.10 10. Do not overwhelm visitors:
- 3 Conclusion
Here are the top 10 ways to quickly boost more sales on your eCommerce site.
1. Target your loyal customers
When businesses have trouble growing, they immediately think it’s because they don’t have enough customers.
This is a common misconception, so don’t jump to conclusions.
Instead of focusing all your effort on customer acquisition, you should improve your customer retention strategy.
Look at the impact loyal customers have on an e-commerce site:
Compared to new customers and customers who only made one purchase on your website, loyal customers:
- add more items to their shopping carts
- have a higher conversion rate
- generate more revenue each time they visit your site
Obviously, it’s great for your business if you can keep getting new customers.
But that’s a more expensive marketing strategy.
It’s much more cost efficient to go after your existing customer base.
- These people are already familiar with your brand.
- They know how to use your products, and there’s no learning curve.
So focus on ways to improve their experience.
Try to come up with a customer loyalty program that gives people an incentive to spend more money each time they shop.
Each dollar spent can translate to a rewards point.
When a customer accumulates a certain number of points, they can redeem them for discounts or other promotions.
2. Show your site is trustworthy
- Nobody will want to shop on your eCommerce site if it appears sketchy or otherwise untrustworthy.
- One of the first things you need to do is make sure your website is secure.
- Cybersecurity is a major concern for shoppers these days.
- In the last five years, 46% of Americans have been the victims of credit card fraud.
- Security of their information is a priority for online shoppers.
- You need to recognize this and make the necessary adjustments.
- But what can you do to prove you’re trustworthy?
- Proudly display any security badges your website is using.
- These are some examples of popular choices.
I know this should go without saying, but I want to be clear. Make sure you’re not lying or misleading your customers.
Don’t just go slapping these badges all over your website unless you actually have a relationship with these companies.
Otherwise, you can find yourself in some legal trouble as well.
3. Use video in your store
Consumers love videos.
- In fact, over half of the marketing experts across the globe say that video has the top return on investment compared to other marketing tactics.
- Websites that have videos can get the average user to spend 88% more time on their pages.
- This creates an increase in engagement as well as interest in whatever you’re trying to sell.
- Videos resonate more with people, so it’s likely that they’ll remember what they watched as opposed to just reading about it.
- What’s a reasonable way to include relevant videos on your e-commerce site?
- The video shows users how they can use this product in their daily lives.
- Their website explains that the mount works for smartphones, tablets, GPS devices, and lightweight laptops.
- Listing this is one thing, but showing customers how it works through video demonstrations is much more effective.
- The video shows a demonstration of the product in the kitchen, car, bedroom, boat, office, and even bathroom.
- So it appeals to a wider range of people.
- It’s also an ideal strategy for e-commerce sites selling new products that may be unique or creative.
4. Optimal for mobile devices
Just because you have an e-commerce website doesn’t mean you can assume your customers are shopping only from their computers.
The reality is that people use mobile phones and tablets to shop online.
Research shows 40% of mobile users have bought something online from their devices.
Furthermore, 63% of millennials shop on their phones.
These numbers can’t be ignored.
Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices.
If your site isn’t mobile friendly, it will turn potential sales away.
For those of you without an optimized mobile site, it could be one of the reasons you’re seeing a decline in sales.
I’d make that a top priority on your to-do list.
Something else you can consider is building a mobile app.
Look at why customers prefer apps compared to a mobile website.
All these reasons make things easier for the customer.
Improving the customer experience will help you get more sales and increase your revenue.
Find a way to focus on what customers want.
- Saved preferences and settings
- Benefits and rewards
If your website, mobile site, and mobile application can provide these benefits, you won’t have an issue getting more sales.
6. Offer more discounts
It may sound simple, but not enough companies are offering discounts to their customers.
If you’re worried about your profit margins, just use a marketing strategy that’s as old as time.
Jack up the base price of each product and then put it on sale.
Take a look at this example from Express:
They are offering 40% off everything on their website.
So many times I’ll see websites offer “up to” a certain percent off “select items.”
Sure, that works too.
But that’s nothing compared to 40% off everything site wide.
Everyone loves getting a good deal, so this is a great way to drive sales.
7. Show your top selling items
Give your customers some direction.
Show them what people are buying the most.
I like it when websites include a “best seller” category on the homepage.
Not everyone browsing your site will know exactly what they’re looking for.
If your company sells a wide range of different products, it can be overwhelming, especially for a new customer.
When someone stumbles upon your site, they may get drawn to products that are popular.
You can also take this opportunity to promote products with the highest margins.
Even if they aren’t actually your top sellers (nobody needs to know that), you can put them on your homepage.
In a perfect world, your top selling products are also your most profitable products, so try to make that happen if you make adjustments to increase profit margins.
8. Promotions for the holidays
Special events are a time when people are looking to shop and spend more money than on a normal day of the year.
That’s why I always tell e-commerce sites to actively promote holiday sales.
You’ve got a small window of opportunity to get massive sales during these events.
So break out your best offers during this time of year.
The shopping malls are packed, so it’s more convenient for consumers to shop from home.
Use that to your advantage.
I said this earlier, but here’s another opportunity for you to target your current customers.
Send out emails to your subscriber list to entice them to buy during the holiday season.
Keep in mind people are buying gifts for friends and family as well as themselves.
Promote your products accordingly.
Market items as “the perfect gift” or “the best ways to show someone you care.”
Phrases like that should do the trick.
9. FOMO - fear of missing out
- You’ve got to create a sense of urgency when you’re selling products on your e-commerce site.
- This will get shoppers to act fast instead of waiting to complete the purchase at a later date (which they may never do).
- Tell your customers you have a limited quantity of items remaining even if that’s not the case.
- Airlines do this all the time.
- This strategy can get a price sensitive customer (most people) to make an impulse buying decision.
- It creates a fear that if they don’t buy it now, they’ll end up spending more money later.
- Another way to do this is by running flash sales.
Here’s an example of something you could email your customers or put directly on your website:
Again, this creates a sense of urgency.
The sale ends at midnight, so if the customer doesn’t act now, they could miss out on a great deal.
It’s much more effective than sending a coupon that expires at the end of the month, giving people an excuse to put off their shopping.
Make sure your marketing campaigns are actionable, and you’ll get more sales.
10. Accept different Credit Cards
- You have to give people different options to pay for the products and services on your website.
- If you only accept Visa and MasterCard, you’re alienating lots of potential customers.
- Make sure you have the capability to accept debit cards in addition to credit cards.
- Best Buy accepts 6 different types of credit cards on their website.
- They also give customers the option of paying through PayPal.
- The last thing you want is a customer who wants to make a purchase but can’t complete it because you don’t take their primary payment method.
- Continue to adapt to the new trends as well.
- Alternative payment options such as Amazon Pay are growing in popularity too.
- If you have a mobile application, customers can easily pay for items via Apple Pay with just a few clicks.
- Making the checkout process as simple as possible will help you get more e-commerce sales.
11. Focus on your value proposition
- What does the customer see when they get to your website?
- Is it your phone number?
- Your company’s mission statement?
- Those aren’t effective.
- Instead, put more emphasis on value.
- Tell your customers what separates your product from similar items on the market.
- Their value proposition tells you everything you need to know about the product.
- It has a headline that captures the consumer’s attention.
- Next, a brief description explains exactly what the product does.
- They include a bullet list of their top features for customers to focus on.
- Square also includes a photograph of their POS system to show customers what it looks like.
- If you can create a highly effective value proposition, you’ll be able to drive more sales on your e-commerce site.
1. CRM (Customer Relationship Management):
How to empower your sales force? What is the best method to increase it? The answer is CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
You need to implement the best and top rated CRM module to effectively manage customer interactions and to empower sales force of your business.
It is also the best component to rapidly improve ROI. Extending the functional features of CRM tool and adding a payment module will permit your back office and sales team to process electronic check payments and process credit cards directly within CRM application of your business. So, it is easy to manage customer’s information along with payment history.
2. Cheque payment is a Must:
In the present time, many people are using credit cards for different purposes. Banks are also decreasing the line of the credit card.
In this way facilitating customers to make payment from cheques can easily increase sales. There are many customers you will have who don’t care about finance charges will be charged by the authority to get your services and products. So, to remain your customers with you must accept cheque payments.
3. Help customers to know your Products:
It is also beneficial if you help your customer know about their products. You can inform them about upcoming features or new products. This sounds good buy if you don’t let them then it may possible that they will never know it.
4. Check out the structure of your online Store:
You just need to pay more attention to the structure of your online eCommerce portal. Because there is nothing worse than an unorganized website where it is very typical to find the desired products and services.
It wastes the time of people and forces them to go with other portals. Make separate categories of each product in order to help customers to find what they need.
You should try making subcategories that cater to various specifications, sizes, and brands. The easy searching of products attracts people to buy more, but it is not a simple search than they will leave you.
To get an eye-catching structure for your online store you should hire professional eCommerce website designing services.
5. Update the latest products:
You should update the latest products, style and trends. It is true that people buy new items very quickly. If you don’t do time to time update than it may result in the decrease in sales. Save your eCommerce store from the decline of customers.
6. Try bundling various products together:
It is one of the other effective methods to increase sales fast. You can increase sales quickly by putting many related products together.
Even though many online stores provide big discounts on bundles it is sometimes possible that they may charge slightly higher charges since they are very demanding to customers because of their ease of access and convenience.
This is specifically a good method for the gift or holiday shoppers who want to save their time for getting things at different places.
7. Provide special offers:
You can also offer different products at big offers for a time limit. It will definitely increase customers visit and will boost up sales of those products in the minimum time. The limited time offers put customers into a great pressure to get the deals.
8. Propose a targeted order size:
It is to obtain something like no shipping charges and etc. You can give such types of offers for products over a number, size, weight and price of units. It has big benefits for those who sell small items that have low costs.
9. Track Your Marketing Campaigns:
This is one of the most important aspects to consider if you are doing an online business. We analyze that CRM tools to the best methods to track all customer interactions.
You have choices to choose from the various open source and commercial CRM tools available in the market.
You should track your marketing campaigns time to time for removing any kind of issues that may cause a decrease in sales and if the current campaign is not working well then you should go for other campaigns that generate leads.
10. Do not overwhelm visitors:
You should avoid overwhelming the visitors with a distressing package of items. In this way, if your home page looks busy and doesn’t provide easy navigation to the visitors then they will not stay with you.
- If sales are starting to slow down or get stagnant, it’s time for you to come up with some new and creative ways to market products and services on your e-commerce site.
- Rather than trying to find new customers, focus your marketing efforts on your existing customer base.
- Make sure your website is secure so customers feel comfortable entering their personal information as well as their credit card numbers.
- Use video demonstrations to show customers how to use your products.
- If you’re currently using customer testimonials, that’s great.
- But if you want to improve those testimonials, add a photograph to them as well.
- Offering lots of promotions and advertising during special times of the year, such as the holidays, can help you improve sales.
- Create a sense of urgency to entice customers to make an impulse buy.
- Don’t forget about mobile users. At the very least, your website needs to be optimized for mobile devices.
- If you want to go the extra mile, consider developing a mobile application.
- Promote your top selling items.
- Come up with a unique and actionable value proposition.
- These tips will help you boost sales on your website.
- What methods have you used to help you grow your e-commerce site fast?